Ever wondered what to do with your left over turkey? Why not give this Turkey and Pea soup a try…
INGREDIENTS – serves 2
1 small onion – peeled and finely chopped
2 cloves garlic – peeled and chopped
300ml turkey of chicken stock
2 tins Batchelors Marrowfat ‘Bigga’ peas – drained and rinsed
100ml double cream
Pepper and salt to taste
50g bacon lardons – or two rashers cooked until crispy
75g cooked turkey – chopped
Fresh herbs – chives or parsley – finely chopped
1. Place the butter into a saucepan and allow to melt over a gentle heat. Add the onion and garlic and fry until translucent and starting to turn golden.
2. Add the stock and the peas, reserving a few for garnish, and gently simmer for 5 minutes.
3. Blend the soup in a jug blender or whiz with a stick blender until silky smooth.
4. Season to taste.
5. Return to the pan, add the cream and gently reheat to a simmer.
6. Serve immediately, stirring in the turkey, and garnishing with the bacon, herbs, reserved peas and a little extra cream.
Delicious! – recipe supplied by Helen Best-Shaw, Fuss Free Flavours