It’s something we’ve always feared, and now a new study has revealed that turning into your mum is inevitable.
The research by Interflora pinpoints the exact age this transformation is likely to happen – 27 years old – and it takes around five years to come to terms with, and accept, the change!
According to those questioned, these are the 15 tell-tale signs:
- Hoarding carrier bags
- Swapping Saturday nights on the town for Saturday nights in
- Beginning to let comfort win over style
- Always writing shopping lists
- Often moaning about the weather
- Having a bag that weighs a tonne
- Constantly tidying up
- Starting to complain more – especially about the weather and bad customer service
- Buying in bulk when there’s an offer on at a supermarket
- Having an emergency medical supplies stash
- Developing a ‘phone voice’
- Carrying an emergency pound coin in my purse
- Ironing everything, including pillowcases and underwear
- Modern music starts to sound the same
- Carrying tissues up your sleeve
Commissioned ahead of Mother’s Day (March 6th), the study questioned 1,500 sons and daughters from across the country about the relationship with their mums, and forms part of the flower delivery company’s campaign to champion the positive influence our mothers have on our lives. For more information, visit: www.interflora.co.uk/turning-into-mum
Interflora offers an extensive collection of beautiful flowers. Its network of expert florists have been delivering exquisite floral gifts for over 90 years, ensuring that each and every one is of the very best quality, created with care and hand delivered to the delight of every recipient. Interflora prides itself on having the perfect gift for any occasion be it a birthday, anniversary or just to say thank you.
Interflora delivers the highest quality of service and the freshest, most stunning flowers, offering a range of delivery options from 3 hour to next day delivery as well as a convenient Click & Collect service. All bouquets are delivered with a 7 day freshness guarantee and the Interflora promise.
The Interflora promise: “If your order doesn’t arrive on time, or your recipient isn’t delighted with their flowers, let us know. We’ll do all we can to put the situation right, or, if you prefer, give you your money back.”