Warming, hearty and healthy. What more could you want from a New Year meal than this just-got-home-from-work tea? Women UK love these recipes for a quick and easy mid week super! Plus they are great for helping to loose the extra pounds gained over Christmas!
Salmon with an Eastern Twist – Salmon Noodle Bowl – Only 357 calories per serving
Serves: 4 Preparation: Approx 10 minutes / Cooking time: Approx 10 minutes
- 2 x 160g cans Princes Atlantic Salmon with Lemon and Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil
- 650g fresh or frozen stir-fry vegetables
- 300g ready-to-wok noodles
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Drain the cans of Princes Atlantic Salmon with Lemon and Black Pepper, tip into a bowl and break up into large chunks.
- Heat the sunflower oil in a wok or large frying pan and add the vegetables, stir-frying them over a high heat for 5-6 minutes, until cooked, yet still crunchy.
- Add the ready-to-wok noodles and stir them through gently, cooking for a further 1-2 minutes. Season with the soy sauce.
- Add the salmon to the wok or frying pan, stirring it through very gently to avoid breaking up the chunks. Serve garnished with fresh coriander.
|Per Serving||% RI|
|Saturated Fat (g)||2.4g||12|
Comfort Food without the Calories
It doesn’t get more satisfying than a jacket spud on a cold winter New Year night – why not try this twist on your usual jacket potato topping to add a bit of variety to your mid-week meals.
Serves: 4 / Preparation: Approx 10 minutes / Cooking time: Approx 60 minutes
- 4 large baking potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 x 160g cans Princes Tuna Chunks in Spring Water, drained
- 1 red or yellow pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 80g canned sweetcorn, drained
- ¼ cucumber, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g half fat Cheddar cheese, grated
- 4 tbsp half fat sour cream
- Lettuce and cherry tomatoes, to garnish
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan oven 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Prick the potatoes then bake them towards the top of the oven for 1 hour, or until tender.
- While the potatoes are cooking, mix together the tuna, pepper, tomatoes, sweetcorn and cucumber. Season with salt and pepper.
- Split the baked potatoes open and share the cheese between them. Top with the tuna salsa mixture. Serve at once with the crème fraiche or soured cream and garnish with lettuce and cherry tomatoes.
|Saturated fat (g)||2.7||13|